Sunday, March 29, 2009

Week 39!

This week has been a bit of a hurry up and wait experience for me, and I've come to realize that I'm not that great at just letting it all play out on nature's schedule. Contractions seem to have diminished, or maybe I'm just used to them, or maybe I'm getting them mixed up with Baby X stretching out and pushing hard against my belly. Who knows, but I'm definitely feeling like I'm at my maximum carrying capacity and wonder when all of this will start to move to the next phase. This baby is getting big; if everything is within the normal range, then Baby weighs around 7lbs and is around 21" long!! Every time I have a twinge in my back, or low down in my belly, I think "OK, here we go", and then we don't actually go anywhere:-{ so it's a little frustrating, and honestly, I could still be pregnant over 2.5weeks from now. I have definitely hit the wall in terms of my energy level and initiative capabilities. The smallest chores like making a salad or washing dishes seem to take an eternity to complete, and I'm rapidly losing my enthusiasm for reading additional information about the birth and the first few months of life. It must mean that I'm ready to see what the next Chapter will bring...If anything changes, I'll let you know. Hmmmm, actually, when I re-read this post, it seems a bit negative. On the positive end of things, my knee is better! I am able to sleep in every day, I'm not stressed out with work obligations, my Disability benefits have kicked in, and the weather has been glorious, so I've been out walking through the park and city for hours every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment