
Yes, I know, that's one enormous belly. The good news is that I made it into the "safe zone". Week 37 has passed, and today I'm at 38/40 meaning the Baby X could arrive at any time now. Baby X has taken to tumbling around from 3-4:30AM every night, so those are my waking hours when my mind races about lots of inane matters. A few nights ago, I had a jingle from a carpet cleaning commercial stuck in my head for about an hour, and there was nothing that I could do about it. I am definitely ready to stop being pregnant, but am keenly aware that once this phase is over, Part 2 of my life will begin, and I have no idea what that's going to be like. I've had several significant physiological changes take place in the last week (don't worry, I'll spare you the details), but all are indicators of getting closer to the main event. I am very curious, to put it as my friend Barb did, to see the fruits of my loin :-{ but then that means that I'll also be a mother for the rest of my life. I just hope that instinct kicks in so that I get it right. As of this morning, my suitcase is packed, including Baby X's gear and F's change of clothing, the baby clothes are washed, the cloth diaper service has arrived with the 1st shipment of 80 diapers! and I've paid my bills, so I guess that I could be in worse organizational shape, but it just seems like there's more and more to deal with before I'll be out of commission for a month or two... or 5 years. It's a wild time for sure.
Dear Sophika,
ReplyDeleteWhat a big belly! You look wonderful and I can
imagine yours and Francis' excitement as the time
arrives. We are SO excited.
Please let us know what happens. Will FC be in the
L&D room?
Love, Penny