Sunday, August 9, 2009

4 Months Old








Another month has passed with lots of exciting new developments, but FIRST, my big news. I have now fit into my 1st pair of Pre-pregnancy jeans!!! Tight as the fit is, the zipper goes all the way up, and I can almost breath comfortably when sitting on a chair. I have another 12 lbs. to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but since Francis tells me that I looked quite like Skeletor back in the day, I may just not rush with the last few pounds. Regrettably though, I have become a bit of a Barbarian with my table etiquette as I'm either shovelling food into my mouth with one hand while holding baby in the other, or I'm rushing off to put her on the potty and dropping bites of food along the way...

So, our baby, who cannot yet fully stabilize herself, has used the Potty SUCCESSFULLY the last 2 days!! The very first time that we put her on it, she did a #1 and #2 then proudly smiled at us when she was done!! Amazing. We have to hold her up on it for now, but are on our way to potty training her, and she doesn't seem to mind at all.

Kalyna's new heaven on earth equates to riding in the front-carrier and looking at the world the way that her parents do. As soon as we dawn the shoulder straps for the carrier, she starts to grin and gets very wide eyed with anticipation. She smiles at the world going by even though her mouth barely rides above the pouch she sits in... pretty darn cute!

We have also unearthed that our little one is a true Canuck. It's taken us months to find a good recipe for a night-time sleep recipe for her, and have discovered that if we "dance" with her to Neil Young, while she's tightly swaddled in a double blanket, she will tend to pass out by the end of the 2nd song with daddy, and by about the end of the 8th :-( with mommy... guess that she just like my rhythm better??

No comments:

Post a Comment