Monday, June 7, 2010

14 Months Old Now






Well, I can't say that the last month and a half have been easy on us, or on Baby K. What a time of massive change and adjustment. The list goes something like this: moved out of our Kerrisdale rental to a new rental in Kits at 5th and Stephens. This move was mmediately preceded by a 4 day trip to San Francisco, which meant that the first night in our new home was spent in sleeping bags on air mattresses. This trip was shortly proceeded by a 4 day trip to Calgary, where it snowed every day and we froze our behinds off. I also stopped breastfeeding one day prior to her 13 month birthday = Mother's Day May 09, 2010 thus producing 2 days of serious emotional roller coaster rides for both baby K and I. On top of this, Kalyna has about 6 teeth coming in simultaneously; naturally 4 molars are in this round- ouch! As if that wasn't enough, we were forced to change day-cares as our lovely nanny-share nanny, Krishana, left for a tour of S. America, so we ended up in this new family daycare based in Kerrisdale. I am not really a fan of it and will continue to look for alternatives. For starters, Kalyna picked up a HORRENDOUS fever and cough the first week she was there as one of the other little girls wasn't sent home in time to not infect the two infants grrrrr. Then I walked in one day to hear "lullaby" Jesus music playing; " I know Jesus loves me because the bible tells me so!" This would be fine, I suppose, if I knew that it was going to be a Christian daycare, and I had signed up for it, but neither of those were the case. Also, I have had to put her down for her naps at the day care, as the staff are not yet comfortable doing so, even though they claim that they've been operating for 29 years. Come on now, this child isn't SO tough to handle now is she?? Grrrr again. Anyhow, I guess what it comes down to is that I'm reluctant to have her in this larger group setting and don't feel that she'll get the appropriate amount of tenderness and care that I want her to. Ah the trials and tribulations of being a parent. Can't wait for us to settle down a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment