Wednesday, March 17, 2010

11 Months Old Today


Personality galore has sprung out this month. We are a very determined little person who ONLY wants to stand, shuffle and walk along furniture and across the floors with the help of supportive

hands.
We have also become quite the gourmand (must be a daughter of Francis) as we need to taste new flavours every day. Some recent forays have included radishes, olives, beer, meatloaf, tuna and kiwi. It's going to be tough keeping this child challenged on the food front in the coming months, but we're going to do our best. One very frightening food moment occurred when Kalyna was gorging on cut up grapes, and I was washing dishes. All of a sudden I turned around to catch her flailing her arms, with eyes wide in fear, and face all red - she was starting to CHOKE!! I flew across the table and shoved my finger in her mouth to do a deep sweep, managing to pull out a few segments of grape. My world stopped for those milliseconds and I was impacted to the core by the event. I didn't sleep that night, and was on edge for another day or two. It made for a very rough week. The good news was that this hasn't recurred, and it didn't leave a lasting scar on Baby K.

I have decided that it's time to start seriously considering cutting down on breastfeeding. I am going to have to try some supplemental milks like goat and organic cow's milk as I'm producing less and losing desire to do this for too much longer as I just can NOT concentrate, and have no memory retention which is a problem if I'm supposed to be working, so... we'll see what happens in the coming weeks.

Guess that it's time to start planning for the 1st Birthday Party!! That should certainly cement the fact that we're parents of a little miss Kalyna. Maybe we should have caviar and passionfruit on the menu???

No comments:

Post a Comment