


For daily photos of Kalyna, go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/yawbawdy/
Yep, we're getting bigger, more determined, louder and more awesome all the time.
This past month Kalyna really kicked it up with the potty training; only 3 dirty diapers in over 7 weeks! She still wets them, but is even seemingly trying to hold it a few times a day until we get her onto the potty - it's pretty cool I've got to say.
We had a bout of unintentional sleep-training as well this past month. One night, Kalyna just decided that she wasn't going to go to sleep. For the next 3 nights we endured a painful hour of wailing and protest, checking on her every 4 minutes, and trying to do all that we could to console her. Nothing seemed to work except sheer exhaustion. Every night I would end up crying as well, sharing in her pain. I'm sure that it was just a bad coincidence that she started teething, caught a cold and was immunized all within the same short period of time. Just as suddenly as it began though, on night #4 she went to sleep and slept for 11 hours straight! and since then has been pulling off 10hrs night! I'm sure that I just jinxed it for us, but so it goes.
We're heavily into solids now as well. Kalyna-baby is eating just about 2 "meals" a day now including bananas, avocado (big fav), yam, peas, apples and pears. The doctor just told me that I can start feeding her "adult" food, minus the big allergens, which is going to be perfect as she's pretty unimpressed that she has her homogeneous plates of green, orange, yellow and is lunging at our foods with those fast little hands of hers.
She's now capable of sitting on her own for 10+min at a time playing with her wooden fire truck and spinning the wheels + figuring out how to yank the truck by it's string.
In the last few days we've begun to babble, and I don't just mean a few bababas here and there. I mean full on dissertations of dadadahihiyayayy etc etc etc. the other day I left her on the potty and was in the kitchen when I heard her babbling away and joyously laughing to herself! She was having a party in there with her own voice.
Baby K is now H1N1 immunized, and let me tell you, we suffered through 2 days of living hell - screaming in pain, unable to move her little leg, carrying a fever of 100 degrees... and then it passed, and she will hopefully never have to deal with that strain again.
No comments:
Post a Comment