Thursday, March 10, 2011

23 Months Old Today







... and ruling the world for all intents and purposes. I can talk, sing the alphabet, count to 10 in 2 languages, imagineer games, figure out puzzles, and run circles around everyone around me.

As a special bonus, this birthday brought with it two treats: 1 mamma got her first independent listing of a whopping $2.288M house in Kerrisdale, in fact it's the one that I spent 6 months living in, and 2, as all birthdays appear to bring on static events for me, I woke up with a fever and malaise that lasted all day and night, and it turns out that my last set of molars, or at least one from the last set has started to come in and they are nasty SOBs! I mean SUPER nasty ones.

Some of my more recent favourite pastimes include playing make belief "kava" ie. pouring, seasoning and serving coffee to those in my presence, putting Ami on the potty and attempting to dress her in diapers and other clothes, painting and swing and sliding through any park to which I can get myself. There needs be a new batch made as this one now has hair, lint and other gunk in it as I always throw it on the floor.

I gave my mamma (daddy claims he wasn't worried - ha!) the first serious health scare in late Jan when I contracted a very nasty version of RSV = respiratory sinsitial virus and landed myself in the ER at 4:30 AM, got admitted, had chest Xrays where I was strapped down to a chair with my teeny arms stretched and strapped above my head, had a choking cough, and a super elevated breathing rate as I had a lot of "gunk" according to one of the docs in the ER, on my lungs. Turns out that I had the early stages of pneumonia, and had my mamma not insisted that we try re-hydrating and taking oral antibiotics at home, I would have had to have had IV fluids and Antibiotics administered. Fortunately, after overcoming a fever of 104+, and taking my "pinky bodinky" antibiotics for a few days, I started to feel much better, leaving only my mamma exhausted and scarred.

I was a brave little soldier and spent 10 nights straight away from mamma and daddy while they galavanted around Kauai on their delayed honeymoon, and I dare say that I wore out poor Nan and DadDad quite thoroughly. It was fun though, let me tell you!

Can't believe that I'm turning 2 next month, but I've already told my daddy that I want "ummm, lot of toys!" for my birthday and want all of my daycare friends, along with Dina and Annette there to celebrate - ooooh, it's going to be a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment